Preventive maintenance is the key to making a roof last.
Statewide Roofing offers preventive maintenance programs to proactively keep your roof functioning throughout its service life. The goal is to identify problems before they become expensive repairs, maximize the life expectancy of your roof and assist in evaluating repair-replacement needs.
Protect Your Building and Extend the Life of Your Roof
Leaks that go unnoticed can cause significant damage to roofing materials and adjacent surfaces. Leaks that are left unattended can cause significant damage to roofing materials and structural components well beyond damage to interior finishes and impact on usable space inside the building.
Statewide Roofing’s Preventive Maintenance Agreements offer a proactive approach to identifying and repairing leaks before they become active or cause widespread damage. Potential leaks identified early cause less damage and cost significantly less to repair.
Recommended Preventive Maintenance Services
In keeping with manufacturer’s warranty requirement for regular maintenance, Statewide Roofing recommends that Preventive Maintenance work occur twice a year.
Generally this would include:
- Visually inspecting the roof system and adjacent surfaces
- membrane roof and flashings
- metal counter-flashings
- drip edges
- coping caps
- equipment enclosures
- adjoining stucco
- wood masonry surfaces
- sealant joints
- other related features
- Removing debris from gutters and downspouts
- Performing minor repairs
- Assessing the need for light power washing to preserve the maximum energy savings of reflective white roofs
- Documenting findings for the building owner
- Providing a proposal for major repairs or power washing needed.